Black Tetsubin style cast iron flared teapot kettle 1 litre with circular design - GOTO
Sales price £26.99 - 25% off
* Japanese style Tetsubin
* Cast iron
* Flared teapot kettle with stainless infuser
* 1 Litre
* Black with circular design
* Height; handle up 15.5 cm, handle down 9.5cm
* Diameter; 18.5cm , with spout 23cm
* Weight; 1.8kg empty
Your cast iron tea pot:
Cast iron teapots were originally created in ancient china. They were then adopted and developed by the Japanese in the 17th century into practical as well as decorative handicraft items sold under the name of “Tetsubin". The cast iron teapots symbolize the everlasting strength and unity of the world and the more intricate are often given as gifts and kept as status symbols.
Through special treatments, impurities are removed from the cast iron during the production process. A coating of misty black enamel is then applied to help prevent the formation of rust.
Due to their strength of construction these pots may be used as kettles (to boil water) or as teapots (to brew tea). Most sizes come with a stainless steel mesh infuser for brewing loose tea. If using the pot to boil water this infuser should be removed before doing so.
If you require a cast iron trivet to match there is one available on this site.
Instructions for use:
1) Before using to brew tea, boil a pot of water and pour it out to prepare the pot for use.
2) After each use, make sure that the pot is clean and dry to prevent the formation of rust. If water is left in the pot, chemicals from the minerals in the water may eventually erode the enamel coating.
3) Tea should not be left in the pot overnight.
4) In the unlikely event of rust, the teapot can still be used. After cleaning the rusted area with a soft brush, boil used teabags or tea leaves. The tannic acid from the tea will react naturally with the iron, producing a coating over the rusted area. This will also prevent the recurrence of rust.
5) Store your pot in a cool, dry place or put it on display.
We wish you may tranquil moments, enjoying your tea and contemplating the true meaning of life.
No reviews have been left for this product, be the first to leave a review