Gift Box - Cast iron flared teapot kettle Black Tetsubin cups & Star trivet - 1 litre with circular design
* Japanese style Tetsubin
* Cast iron
* Flared teapot kettle with stainless infuser
* 1 Litre
* Black with circular design
* Height; handle up 15.5 cm, handle down 9.5cm
* Diameter; 18.5cm , with spout 23cm
* Weight; 1.8kg empty
* Star Cast Iron Trivet: 17cm
*Cast iron black Zen Ripple tea cup and round coaster X2
Your cast iron tea pot:
Cast iron teapots were originally created in ancient china. They were then adopted and developed by the Japanese in the 17th century into practical as well as decorative handicraft items sold under the name of “Tetsubin". The cast iron teapots symbolize the everlasting strength and unity of the world and the more intricate are often given as gifts and kept as status symbols.
Through special treatments, impurities are removed from the cast iron during the production process. A coating of misty black enamel is then applied to help prevent the formation of rust.
Due to their strength of construction these pots may be used as kettles (to boil water) or as teapots (to brew tea). Most sizes come with a stainless steel mesh infuser for brewing loose tea. If using the pot to boil water this infuser should be removed before doing so.
Instructions for use:
1) Before using to brew tea, boil a pot of water and pour it out to prepare the pot for use.
2) After each use, make sure that the pot is clean and dry to prevent the formation of rust. If water is left in the pot, chemicals from the minerals in the water may eventually erode the enamel coating.
3) Tea should not be left in the pot overnight.
4) In the unlikely event of rust, the teapot can still be used. After cleaning the rusted area with a soft brush, boil used teabags or tea leaves. The tannic acid from the tea will react naturally with the iron, producing a coating over the rusted area. This will also prevent the recurrence of rust.
5) Store your pot in a cool, dry place or put it on display.
Star Cast Iron Trivet: 17cm
These have been made to match our range of cast iron Teapots & Kettles to protect your surfaces from the heat. At the base of these trivets are five legs. Note this trivet does not have rubber feet. Wider pans and Teapots with a base of 17cm can sit on top of the Trivet. Teapots with a base of 10cm sit very securely at the lower level of the Trivet.
Cast iron black Zen Ripple tea cup and round coaster X2
• Cast iron tea cup 0.15 Litre x2, 8cm wide, 5.5cm high
• Zen Ripple pattern design
• Cast coaster X2, 10cm diameter
• Black enamel
• Weigh empty cup 0.3kg, coaster 0.2kg
These cups are hot to the touch when the tea is first poured, but cool to a comfortable and enjoyable hand warming level as you sit back and relax.
We wish you may tranquil moments, enjoying your tea and contemplating the true meaning of life.