Silver needle Tea Trivet & Tetsubin Cast Iron Zen Mountain black teapot kettle 0.8L Japanese style
• Tetsubin Japanese style Cast Iron Teapot
• Black Zen Mountain design
• 0.8 litre
• Height; handle up 18cm, handle down 11cm
• Diameter; 14.5cm , with spout 17.5cm
• Weight; 1.7kg empty
Trivet Japanese style black cast iron trivet 14cm diameter round hobnail
Silver Needle White Tea Chinese Top Quality (O)– 50gr
Cast iron teapots were originally created in ancient china. They were then adopted and developed by the Japanese in the 17th century into practical as well as decorative handicraft items sold under the name of Tetsubin. The cast iron tea pots symbolize the everlasting strength and unity of the world and the more intricate are often given as gifts and kept as status symbols.
Through special treatments, impurities are removed from the cast iron during the production process. A coating of misty black enamel is then applied to help prevent the formation of rust.
Due to their strength of construction these pots may be used as kettles (to boil water) or as teapots (to brew tea). Most sizes come with a stainless steel mesh infuser for brewing loose tea. If using the pot to boil water this infuser should be removed before doing so.
The pot has been decorated with a Black Zen Mountain design
If you require a cast iron trivet, there is one available on this site.
Instructions for use:
1) Before using to brew tea, boil a pot of water and pour it out to prepare the pot for use.
2) After each use, make sure that the pot is clean and dry to prevent the formation of rust. If water is left in the pot, chemicals from the minerals in the water may eventually erode the enamel coating.
3) Tea should not be left in the pot overnight.
4) In the unlikely event of rust, the pot can still be used. After cleaning the rusted area with a soft brush, boil used teabags or tealeaves. The tannic acid from the tea will react naturally with the iron producing a coating over the area.
5) Store your pot in a cool, dry place or put it on display.
We wish you many tranquil moments